Providing industry-leading camera cyber security functionality.
With the introduction of its new proprietary chipset, Hanwha Techwin can yet again claim to set a new standard for IP network video surveillance solutions. Wisenet7, the company’s most powerful chipset to date, offers industry-leading cyber security functionality, as well as delivering clear, sharp images in all lighting conditions.
The ground-breaking Wisenet7 chipset boasts an impressive list of technologies which are designed to significantly improve the cyber security credentials of Wisenet cameras. These include:
Secure Boot Verification: This provides an extra layer of security by sandboxing different elements of a camera’s operating system, which means they are in a protected space. A full boot is completed before there is communication with any other part of the system. This prevents interruption to the boot process which could be exploited by a hacker.
Secure OS: Wisenet7 uses a separate secure operating system (OS) for encryption and decryption, as well as for verifying that apps have not been modified or are not forgeries. A separate Linux based API is needed to access the Secure OS, without which there is no way to make any changes from the outside of a camera.
Secure JTAG: JTAG ports are hardware interfaces which are used to programme, test and debug devices. Cyber criminals can gain low level control of a camera via a JTAG port and perhaps replace firmware with a malicious version. Wisenet7 prevents this from happening as it secures JTAG ports via a key-based authentication mechanism to which only authorised personnel working for Hanwha Techwin have access.
Industry-leading cyber security standards
Complying with UL CAP and Secure by Default standards, Wisenet cameras which are powered by Wisenet7, also benefit from a Hanwha Techwin proprietary device certificate issuing system which embeds unique certificates into Wisenet products during both the development phase and manufacturing process.
Major advances in the delivery of clear, sharp images
In addition to the major improvements in cyber security, the feature rich Wisenet7 chipset also ensures users will benefit from superb quality images, regardless of the lighting conditions. A new ‘extreme’ Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) feature, for example, utilises new Local Contrast Enhancement and Scene Analysis technologies to capture ultra-clear images from scenes containing a challenging mix of bright and dark areas.
Low light performance has also been considerably improved with the introduction of 3D noise reduction technology which, whilst minimising motion blur, uses several filters to isolate and remove pixels that are causing noise. In addition, a new noise reduction algorithm improves the edge and colour of objects.
An advanced Lens Distortion Correction (LDC) feature more accurately corrects the distortion caused by wide-angle lens compared to conventional LDC and as such, delivers images which more closely represent how humans see across a wide field of view.
Additional key Wisenet7 features include
- A video analytics suite which includes face and body detection, as well as audio, defocus, directional and shock detection.
- Audio analytics which recognises critical sounds such as raised voices, screams, broken glass, gunshots and explosions and generates an alert to enable security personnel to quickly react to any incidents.
- Digital Image Stabilisation (DIS) supported by gyro sensors offers accurate image stabilisation when a camera is disturbed by wind or vibrations, resulting in more stable images.
- WiseStream II, a complementary compression technology which dynamically controls encoding, balancing quality and compression according to movement in the image. When WiseStream II is combined with H.265 compression, bandwidth efficiency is improved by up to 75% compared to current H.264 technology.
- Operator experience is enhanced by an on-screen display (OSD) which supports vector graphics that have no colour limitations and allow the display of company logos.
Wisenet cameras currently available which incorporate Wisenet7 include the following:
- XNB-8002 6MP network box camera
- XNO-8082R 6MP network IR bullet camera
- XND-8082RF 6MP network IR dome camera. Flush mount
- XND-8082RV 6MP network IR dome camera
- XNV-8082R 6MP vandal-resistant network dome camera
- XNB-9002 4K network box camera
- XNO-9082R 4K IR bullet camera
- XND-9082RV 4K network IR dome camera
- XND-9082RF 4K network IR dome camera. Flush mount
- XNV-9082R 4K vandal-resistant network IR dome camera
“Whilst the image quality improvements delivered by Wisenet7 should definitely not be understated, we are particularly proud of the new chipset’s cyber security functionality,” said Uri Guterman, Head of Product & Marketing for Hanwha Techwin Europe.
“With a 30-year track record of designing and developing innovative video surveillance solutions, it is perhaps not surprising that with the introduction of Wisenet7, Hanwha Techwin is able to consolidate its position as a market-leading manufacturer which fully appreciates the need to keep customers’ data safe and secure.”