Cameras as a legal requirement
WHY DID CAPVERN CASINO CHOOSE HANWHA TECHWIN?
- Wisenet’s cameras can be adapted to meet current laws and standards.
- Image quality at an affordable price.
- It can be viewed at any time through the tablet/smartphone app.
- Easy-to-operate platform.
Capvern Casino, located in the Hautes Pyrénées, is currently equipped with 32 cameras. Casinos are legally required to have a video surveillance system. Recordings must be saved for at least 28 days and available to the gambling enforcement officers during inspections.
“A casino can now no longer operate without a video surveillance system,” explains the site owner.
The cameras serve two purposes. The first is to protect people and the infrastructure against disorderly conduct or overcrowding.
The second purpose of the videos is to help combat cheating (card counting, players’ behaviour), as well as to settle disputes.
The images save the gambling enforcement officers time when looking for perpetrators.
With the prospect of opening another casino, the owner will once again call upon Hanwha’s products.
Hanwha Techwin would like to thank them for their active contribution to the project’s success.
- Thierry Vergé, Manager of PyrénéesTélécom
- Mr Frischer, Owner of Capvern casino